by Kate Bernard
last updated: 1/22/15
Flight schools are scattered all over the country, and there is a good chance you’ll find a flight school at your local airport or within reasonable driving distance.
Not all flight instructors work for flight schools. Some are independent and self-employed.
Searching for “flight school” on Google or Google Maps will help you locate nearby schools.
If you are in the Appleton, Neenah, Menasha, or Oshkosh area of Wisconsin, contact Kate Bernard to learn more about flight instruction at Brennand Airport in Neenah.
Online directories of flight schools and flight instructors:
- AOPA Flight Instructor Directory
- Searchable database of AOPA members who are flight instructors.
- AOPA Flight School Directory
- Database of flight schools, searchable by zipcode radius
- AviationSchoolsOnline.com Flight School Directory
- Database of flight schools by state and type of school
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What are the Entry-Level Pilot Certificates?
- What are the Eligibility Requirements for a Pilot Certificate?
- What are the Medical Certification Requirements for Pilots?
- What is Ground Training Like?
- What is Flight Training Like?
- What Tests are Required to Become a Pilot?
- How Much Does it Cost to Become a Pilot?
- How Can I Find a Flight School or Flight Instructor?
- How Does a Pilot Stay Current and Proficient?
- What Additional Certificates and Ratings Can a Pilot Earn?
- How Do I Sign Up for an Introductory Flight Lesson?